Other Housing Resources
Other Housing Resources
- Post 20 August 2004
- Last Updated on 23 April 2015
- By Administrator
- Hits: 112688
HACA is not accepting applications for any programs at this time but plans to open its wait list for all programs, including Section 8, and all bedroom sizes sometime in 2015 or 2016.
HACA does not provide emergency housing. If you need emergency housing assistance, or need information about any health or human services provider in Alameda county, contact Eden Information & Referral.
Other Housing Authorities
Most Housing Authorities open their wait lists for only brief periods of time. Regardless, one or more may be accepting applications now. Here are the other Bay Area, and Northern and Central California Housing Authorities: (click on H.A. name to see their web site)
Housing Authority Websites
|Contra Costa County||925.957.7000|
|El Dorado County||530.621.6300|
|City of Eureka/
|San Joaquin County||209.460.5183|
|San Mateo County/
Dept. of Housing
|Santa Barbara City||805.965.1071|
|Santa Barbara County||805.736.3423|
|Santa Clara County||408.275.8770|
|Santa Cruz County||831.454.9455|
|South San Francisco||650.829.6620|
Contact information for housing authorities across the nation is available here.
Bay Area Non-Profit Affordable Housing Developers and Developments
- Bridge Housing
- Eden Housing
- Mid-Peninsula Housing Coalition
- Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California
- Satellite Housing (primarily for seniors and disabled adults of all ages)
Other Non-Profit Affordable Housing
In addition to housing assistance provided by the housing authorities and Bay Area non-profit developers listed above, other affordable housing is available in Northern California, and in other states and regions for senior citizens and people with disabilities, as well as for families and individuals.
Contact apartment complexes directly to inquire about unit availability, eligibility criteria, application process, and rents. Since most complexes have a waiting list, you may want to contact more than one, and place your name on more than one waiting/interest list.
- To search for affordable housing throughout California by County, go to California's Affordable Rental Housing Directory
- To search for affordable housing in Alameda County, go to Housing Choices for Alameda County
- To search for privately owned subsidized housing anywhere in the U.S., go to http://www.hud.gov/sec8/sec8.cfm.
- For privately owned subsidized housing in Fremont, go to the City of Fremont, Directory of Affordable Rental Housing.
- For organizations with an interest in affordable and equal opportunity housing, visit www.affordablesearch.com.
- National affordable housing and housing assistance directory: www.apartmentsmart.com