Other Local Resources
Other Local Resources
- Post 23 September 2008
- Last Updated on 23 August 2013
- By Ron Dion
- Hits: 23492
Health & Human Services
A federal law that went into effect in 2006 protects individuals who are victims of domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. The name of the law is the Violence against Women Act, or “VAWA.” This notice explains your rights under VAWA. This manual, developed by the National Housing Law Project, is a domestic violence resource for California advocates.
- In an emergency, call 911
- Alameda County Family Justice Center
470 27th St., Oakland, CA 94612
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
Landlord/Tenant Mediation Services
Eden Council for Hope & Opportunity (ECHO Housing) offers free counseling and mediation services for landlords and tenants. Click below for more information in English or Spanish.
Housing discrimination based on your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, family status, source of income or disability is illegal by federal law. Click here for more information regarding what constitues sex discrimination under the Fair Housing Act. Click here for more information rearding source of income discrimination.
If you have been trying to buy or rent a home or apartment and you believe your rights have been violated, you can file a fair housing complaint. For more information on your rights select your language - English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese.
To file a discrimination complaint select your language - English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese.
PG&E's CARE, REACH and Energy Savings Assistance Programs
- Provides a 20% discount on your monthly energy bill for qualifying households
- Provides assistance to low-income families who are in jeopardy of losing their electricity services
REACH (Relief for Energy Assistance through Community Help)
- Provides income-qualified renters and homeowners with easy, free solutions to help manage their energy use and save money on their monthly energy bills (check with your landlord before having any work done)
Energy Savings Assistance Program