Use HACA's free "For Rent" Directory to find the right rental for your family
- Post 04 November 2008
- Last Updated on 13 November 2012
- By Ron Dion
- Hits: 449959
Section 8 Participants: Click HERE to view available rentals in the HACA "For Rent" Directory.
If you're planning to move, you can usually find listings of available rentals in various media. Newspaper classified listings, and online sites like Craigslist and ApartmentSmart.com, are some of the most common. One of the best places to search for available housing is The Housing Authority of the County of Alameda's (HACA's) free online "For Rent" Directory.
HACA's free online "For Rent" Directory is the only rental listings directory targeted to Section 8 HCVP participants in HACA's jurisdiction. The directory is a partnership between HACA and GoSection8, the only nation-wide rental directory targeted to Section 8 HVCP participants.
- "Section 8 OK". You have the confidence of knowing that every landlord of every rental listed in HACA's "For Rent" Directory is willing to accept families receiving Section 8 HCVP assistance. No more wasted time chasing units whose landlords don't accept Section 8.
- Powerful search tools help you find a suitable rental fast. Listings that aren't a potential fit with your family's needs are a waste of your time. Look at too many of them and, before long it's hard to see what might work and what won't. HACA's "For Rent" Directory allows you to quickly sort listings by criteria that are important to you like location, number of bedrooms or baths, and rent range. You can hone in fast on units that look the most promising.
- See listings the way that's most helpful to you. Listings in the HACA"For Rent" Directory are chock full of information. You choose to see the listings how you want to see them--on a map along with local amenities like schools and hospitals, or in a list. You can also print the listings out. With so much information at hand, you're less likely to tie up your time inquiring about a unit that isn't likely to be a fit with your needs.
- Don't forget paper. Print copies of HACA's "For Rent" Directory listings are available at the HACA central office if you don't have computer access from your home or from a conveniently-located library or other public-access location.
Section 8 Participants: Click HERE to view available rentals in the HACA "For Rent" Directory. You may also download a copy of the Weekly Rental Listing. This list is generated weekly, generally on Mondays.
Landlords: Click HERE to list your available rentals in the HACA "For Rent" Directory.
Note: HACA's Rental Listings Directory is provided as a free service to Section 8 HCVP Program participants and landlords to facilitate the leasing of rental units under the Section 8 program. Properties on this directory have not been pre-approved by HACA. The asking rents listed by landlords may be higher than HACA limits. HACA can only approve rents that are not more than rents for similar units in the same neighborhood or general area. Units must meet HACA's Housing Quality Standards.