The Project-Based Program (PB) (Assistance ends if the family moves during the first year)
This program subsidizes the rent and utilities of a unit in a subsidized development. If the tenant in a Project-Based unit moves out of the development during the first year of the lease, the tenant’s assistance ends. If the tenant moves out of the development after the first year, the assistance continues and follows the tenant.
HACA provides 713 units of Project-Based assistance in the following developments:
- Carlow Court (49 1BR Project-Based units for seniors)
- Dyer Street, Union City (49 1-BR Project Based units for elderly families)
- Mayten Manor Apartments, Hayward (30 1-BR Project-Based units for elderly or disabled individuals or couples in a 45-unit development)
- Nidus Court, Union City (49 1-BR Project Based units for elderly families)
- Bridgeway East Development, Fremont, sponsored by the Abode Services (Formerly Tri-City Homeless Coalition) (12 studio, 1-BR and 2-BR Project-Based units for homeless families in an 18-unit development)
- Housing Alliance, Castro Valley (18 1-, 2-, and 3-BR Project-Based units for homeless or disabled families in a 28-unit development)
- Howard Collins Bridgeway, Fremont (1 2BR Project-Based unit for families)
- Magnolia Terrace, Emeryville (5 Studio and 1-BR Project-Based units for disabled families in a five-unit development)
- Main Street Village, Fremont (32 Studio, 1-, 2- and 3-BR Project-Based units for homeless and disabled families in a 64-unit development)
- Maple Square Apts., Fremont (15 0-, 1-, 2- and 3-BR Project-Based units for families in a 132-unit development)
- Peppertree Village Apartments, Hayward (20 2- and 3-BR Project-Based units for families in a 29-unit development)
- PACH, Inc., Union City (58 2-, 3- and 4-BR Project-Based units for families at scattered sites; 98 Project-Based units for seniors in two 50-unit developments)
- Station Center, Union City (39 1-, 2- and 3-BR Project-Based units for families in a 157-unit development)
- Third Street Apartments, Hayward (3 1BR Project-Based units for families in a 4-unit development)
- Wexford Way (32 1-, 2-, 3-, and 4-BR Project-Based units for families)
Click HERE for information about applying for this program
The Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation Program (Assistance ends if the family moves)
This program subsidizes the rent and utilities of a unit in a subsidized development that has undergone some rehabilitation. If, at any time, the tenant in a Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation unit moves out of the development, the tenant’s Section 8 assistance ends.
HACA provides 18 units of Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation assistance at two developments in Hayward and one in Emeryville.
Click HERE for information about applying for this program.