The project-based (PB) program allows housing authorities to take up to a maximum of 30 percent of its voucher program budget authority and attach the funding to specific units rather than using it for tenant-based assistance. PB assistance may be attached to existing housing or newly constructed or rehabilitated housing. HACA will operate its PB program within these guidelines and allocate the assistance over a multi-year period. HACA selects projects to participate in the PB program in accordance with the selection procedures outlined in Chapter 17 of its Administrative Plan.
HACA issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for Project-Based Vouchers (PBV) in November 2021. HACA has ranked and rated the proposals using the criteria outlined in the RFP. HACA has selected the following projects to receive PBVs through this RFP:
- Downtown Hayward Senior Apartments in Hayward
- Mission Paradise in Hayward
- Albany Family Apartments in Albany
- Newark Towne Place Suites in Newark
- Cherryland Place Apartments in unincorporated Cherryland
- Timber Senior Housing in Newark
APPLYING FOR CTCAC, CDLAC, CalHFA, BONDS OR OTHER FUNDING FOR A PROJECT?
Request verification of HACA Utility Allowance, Payment Standards, Section 8 waiting list statistics or that your property is located within HACA’s jurisdiction by emailing Jennifer Cado. Include the following in your request:
- To whom the letter should be addressed, including contact person, agency name, and agency address
- The name and address of the property for which you are applying for funding
- What information you need verified (e.g. waiting list statistics, utilities allowances, payment standards)
- The date by which you need to receive the verification