HACA is NOT accepting applications for any programs at this time. 

HACA does NOT provide emergency housing.

If you need emergency housing assistance, or need information about any health or human services provider in Alameda county, contact Eden Information & Referral.

Other Housing Authorities

Most Housing Authorities open their wait lists for only brief periods of time.  Regardless, one or more may be accepting applications now. Here are the other Bay Area, and Northern and Central California Housing Authorities: (click on H.A. name to see their web site)

Housing Authority Websites

Phone Number

Alameda City 510.747.4300
Benicia 707.745.2071
Berkeley 510.981.5470
Butte County 530.895.4474
Contra Costa County 925.957.7000
Crescent City 707.464.9216
El Dorado County 530.621.6300
City of Eureka/
Humboldt County
Fairfield 707.428.7392
Fresno City/County 559.443.8400
Kings County 559.582.3120
Lake County 707.995.7120
Livermore 925.447.3600
Madera 559.674.5695
Marin County 415.491.2525
Mendocino County 707.463.5462
Merced County 209.722.3501
Monterey County 831.775.5000
Napa 707.257.9543
Oakland 510.874.1500
Pittsburg 925.252.4830
Plumas County 530.283.2466
Redding 530.225.4048
Richmond 510.621.1300
Sacramento City/
San Bernandino 909.890.0644
San Francisco
San Joaquin County 209.460.5183
San Mateo County/
Dept. of Housing
Santa Barbara City 805.965.1071
Santa Barbara County 805.736.3423
Santa Clara County 408.275.8770
Santa Cruz County 831.454.9455
Santa Rosa 707.543.3300
Shasta County 530.225.5160
Solano County/
Vacaville City
Sonoma County 707.565.7520
South San Francisco 650.829.6620
Stanislaus County 209.557.2000
Suisun 707.421.7334
Sutter County/
Consolidated Area
Tulare County 559.627.3700
Vallejo 707.648.4507
Yolo 530.662.5428

Contact information for housing authorities across the nation is available here.

Bay Area Non-Profit Affordable Housing Developers and Developments

Other Non-Profit Affordable Housing

In addition to housing assistance provided by the housing authorities and Bay Area non-profit developers listed above, other affordable housing is available in Northern California, and in other states and regions for senior citizens and people with disabilities, as well as for families and individuals.

Contact apartment complexes directly to inquire about unit availability, eligibility criteria, application process, and rents. Since most complexes have a waiting list, you may want to contact more than one, and place your name on more than one waiting/interest list.

Frequently Asked Questions

Recent News