FSS – Partnership for Success
The FSS Program is a partnership between low income families on the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This five-year program helps families who are receiving rental assistance move to economic independence.
What does the program provide?
- The opportunity to work with an FSS Coordinator who will help you make a 5-year plan for success. This plan may include employment with increased earnings, training, more education, or other services.
- The chance to earn a cash reward based on your earned income increase. This reward is called escrow.
- Continuous support and encouragement from your FSS Coordinator.
- Help to solve problems and find needed services and current job openings
- Self- sufficiency workshops
What are the workshops about?
Successful people are constantly learning new skills. FSS Coordinators will connect you to self-sufficiency skills through referrals and workshops like:
- Financial management and credit repair
- Stress management
- Job interviewing
- Family communication
- Home ownership preparation
Other benefits include:
- Scholarship Fund
- Referrals to community services
- Access to current job listings
- Invitations to job fairs and other community activities
HACA’s FSS program has a track record of success. Since 2001, more than 270 families have graduated and received an average escrow reward of $9888. These families reduced or eliminated their need for government assistance. They reached personal goals that included being debt free, graduating college, and over 25 families bought their own homes.
Yes, I am interested in FSS:
You must already be a Housing Choice Voucher participant to submit an interest form.Submit Interest Form >