Health & Human Services
- Eden Information & Referral, Inc. Resource Finder
- Call 211 - a free, non-emergency, confidential 3-digit phone number and service that provides easy access to housing information and critical health and human services. 2-1-1 operates 24hours a day, 7 days a week with multi-lingual capabilities
The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) provides protections for victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking. VAWA protections are not only available to women, but are available equally to all individuals regardless of sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is the Federal agency that oversees that the Housing Authority of the County of Alameda (HACA) is in compliance with VAWA. Click below for a full explanation of your rights under VAWA:
To obtain this notice in Spanish, click here.
If you need to file a Certification of Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, or Stalking, and Alternative Documentation with HACA, please complete this form:
To obtain this form in Spanish, click here.
For information on HACA's Emergency Transfer Plan for Victims of Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, or Stalking (VAWA), click below:
If you need to file an Emergency Transfer Request for Certain Victims of Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, or Stalking with HACA, please complete this form:
To obtain this form in Spanish, click here.
You may also pick up any of these forms in person at our office located at 22941 Atherton Street, Hayward, CA 94541 during our normal business hours.
- In an emergency, call 911
- Alameda County Family Justice Center
470 27th St., Oakland, CA 94612
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
Landlord/Tenant Mediation Services
Eden Council for Hope & Opportunity (ECHO Housing) offers free counseling and mediation services for landlords and tenants. Click below for more information in English or Spanish.
Housing discrimination based on your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, family status, source of income or disability is illegal by federal law. Click here for more information regarding what constitues sex discrimination under the Fair Housing Act. Click here for more information rearding source of income discrimination.
If you have been trying to buy or rent a home or apartment and you believe your rights have been violated, you can file a fair housing complaint. For more information on your rights select your language below or select your language for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity for All brochure at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/marketing.
To view Fair Housing videos for the deaf and hard of hearing, including Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity for All, How to Complain about Housing Discrimination, Your right to effective communication in buying or renting a home, The Federal Fair Housing Act and Reasonable Accommodations, and more visit http://www.fairhousingdeafvideos.com/Videos.html.
To file a discrimination complaint select your language below or select your language for Are You a Victim of Housing Discrimination? brochure at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/marketing.
Discrimination complaints may be filed with California's Department of Fair Employment and Housing at https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/complaint-process/file-a-complaint/ or HUD's Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/online-complaint.
Information for Persons with Disabilities
- Alameda County's Adult Services Resource Guide for persons with a disability - http://www.acphd.org/media/184601/adult-services-resource-guide.pdf
PG&E's CARE, REACH and Energy Savings Assistance Programs
- Provides a 20% discount on your monthly energy bill for qualifying households
- Provides assistance to low-income families who are in jeopardy of losing their electricity services
REACH (Relief for Energy Assistance through Community Help)
- Provides income-qualified renters and homeowners with easy, free solutions to help manage their energy use and save money on their monthly energy bills (check with your landlord before having any work done)
Energy Savings Assistance Program